Wednesday, July 14, 2010

It Has Been Awhile

Yes, it has been awhile and I've been meaning to get this blog going again. As you can see, this is no longer a blog about our 'big' trip, but a blog about our life in general. We'll see how that goes! My last post was in September of 2009. It is now July 2010 and there has been a TON of stuff happen between then and now. I'm going to do my best to recreate some good experiences in the next few blogs to get everyone up to speed. That means I need to think about what to discuss first.....not sure about that one.

Hmmm, I remember the first mini trip we did after heading out west. We went back to Pisgah in October. And the weather was awful. It snowed! And I fell on Daniel's Ridge (Day #1) which put me out the rest of the trip. Now that I think about it, that was a pretty nasty fall. We were coming down the fun decent towards the end of the trail and it was raining. Being October, the trail was covered with leaves leaving all of the nice rocks covered below. Needless to say, I picked the wrong line just before the insane 'jump across the creek' option to the right and I endo'd down the trail (its not like that hasn't happened before). At least I got style points from the guys.....they thought that something was broken for sure. Nothing was broken, just very bruised. Anyway, I hung out in the cabin the rest of the weekend while the boys rode in the cold and wet. It was Greg's first time riding in Pisgah. I was happy to see that he enjoyed himself and especially liked the descent down Black Mountain (who doesn't?).

So that was October 2009. Give me a couple days and I'll have this thing current in no time! Until then--V

No comments:

Post a Comment